Sabrina Mohamed Hashim
Managing Partner and Founder
Sabrina graduated with a law degree from the MARA Institute of Technology (UiTM) in 1996 and was called to the Malaysian Bar in 1997.
Before Sabrina’s legal career, she worked at AmFinance Berhad. In the later part of her tenure in AmFinance Berhad, she was a member of the business team involved in drafting the user specifications until the operationalisation of the automated legal recovery tracking system used by AmFinance Berhad and its panel of solicitors. The experience gained from AmFinance Berhad piqued her interest in aspects of technology contracts, which led her to join Messrs Abdul Raman Saad & Associates’ (“ARSA”) biotechnology, intellectual property, technology, and telecommunications practice.
During her 11 years in ARSA, in which she later led the biotechnology, intellectual property, technology, and telecommunications practice, she was the lead counsel for several significant transactional matters and, in 2017, she was named Recommended Lawyer with ARSA named a Top Tier Firm for Technology, Media and Telecommunications by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific. Sabrina later transitioned as an in-house lawyer for Astro Group Services Sdn Bhd, supporting Astro’s pay-tv business.
With her private practice and in-house legal experiences combined with her expertise and knowledge of a company’s business operations, Sabrina is adept at delivering highly considered solutions to her clients.
Sabrina has published several articles, and her work has been quoted by other authors in Malaysia. She also spends her time volunteering with young professionals, helping them prepare for roles in the legal industry, and is part of a business community that empowers women to succeed.
- A series of agreements for the supply, delivery, installation, testing, commissioning, post-acceptance maintenance, and support services for a private healthcare provider’s hospital information system that manages the administration, financial and clinical operations at its 10 hospitals in Peninsular Malaysia.
- A series of agreements to be entered between the main contractor and subcontractors for a project for the Education Ministry that included the master agreement for the supply of equipment, supply of services agreement, logistics agreement, training agreement and service level agreement.
- Agreement to offer high-speed broadband to residential projects in Nusajaya, Johor.
- Provisioning of multi-protocol label switching technology agreement provided to a banking institution’s 600 off-site automated teller machines throughout Malaysia.
- Provisioning of multi-protocol label switching technology agreement provided to a public higher learning institution’s 39 campuses throughout Malaysia.
- Carriage agreements for international linear English, Tamil and Hindi channels.
- Agreements for the commissioning or licensing of local and international films, programmes and live TV broadcasts such as the Oscars, the UEFA Champions League and Maha Shivaratri festival.
- Content aggregation agreements for HBO Go and Netflix.
- Distribution of content and channels to third-party content licensees.
- Joint venture agreements incorporating companies to provide smart building and smart city services in Medini Iskandar and Nusajaya in Johor.
- Collaboration agreements to implement agriculture satellite farming in Johor
- A series of agreements for the right to operate Angry Birds Activity Park in Johor.
- Research and technology implementation projects for palm oil project with two international research centres.