Contract Negotiation Lawyer Malaysia
Contract Negotiation Services
Trusted contract services for businesses.
Sabrina Hashim & Co provides professional contract negotiation services for a variety of business-as-usual contracts. Our contract lawyer is eager to help you prepare, review and manage your contract efficiently.
Contract lawyer in malaysia
About Sabrina Hashim & Co
Sabrina Hashim & Co is a registered Malaysia law firm specialising in three practice areas. Catering to your specific needs, we deliver effective legal solutions to ensure the smooth functioning of your business, ease your workload and elevate your business growth.
What is a Contract?
Preventing disputes and unjust trade.
A contract is an agreement between two or more parties that is legally binding. Essentially, a contract outlines what the parties have agreed to do or trade.
While a contract can be written or spoken, most business circumstances necessitate a written contract signed by all parties involved in order to be legally binding. Parties can perform a contract negotiation to ensure a win-win situation for all.
Elements of a valid contract:
- A valid offer
- Intention to create legal relations
- Capacity to contract
When is a Contract Considered Illegal and Void?
- If there is no consideration
- If the consideration and object of an agreement are forbidden by a law
- If the consideration and object of an agreement are fraudulent or involve or imply injury to the person or property of another
- Contracts which are immoral or against public policy
- Contracts in restraint of marriage
- Contracts in restraint of trade
- Contracts to oust the jurisdiction of the courts
- Contracts with no certainty
- Contracts by way of wager
The Responsibilities of Our Contract Lawyer
Extracting maximum value through agreements.
A contract lawyer is someone who focuses on assisting clients with business contracts and is often involved in drafting, reviewing and negotiating various contracts. Our lawyers have specialised training or experience in specific areas of law, namely Technology and Telecommunications, Media and Entertainment and Corporate and Commercial.
Below are some of the duties of our contract lawyer:
- Performing research
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Managing contract negotiation process
- Ensuring legal compliance
- Safeguarding client’s rights
- Serving as an advisor to the client
- Responding to client’s queries and concerns
Consult a contract lawyer
Contract Negotiation FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
A contract lawyer should be equipped with skills in research and writing. They must also have great communication and negotiation skills to ensure a seamless contract negotiation process.
Below are some qualities to look for in a contract attorney:
- Highly knowledgeable in law and business
- Has adequate experience and insights
- Has professional recognition
Yes, oral contracts are considered a valid form of contract. However, all contracts should be in writing. As such, it’s best for you to contact a professional contract lawyer and get their help to craft a contract that protects your rights.
Breach of contract may happen if a party:
- Fails to perform according to the time frame stipulated in the contract;
- Fails to perform as per the terms of the agreement; and/ or
- Fails to perform at all.
In regard to all things contract, it is encouraged to work with a contract lawyer every step of the way. By doing so, you will be able to gain a better understanding of your legal rights. Hiring a contract lawyer will also mitigate risks if a breach occurs.